Sunday 2 October 2011

The Begining

When it comes to Stacy Bluxome, there are Two people involved. A real person, and a fictional Character.

This Blog is about the latter.

The fictional Stacy Bluxome is an Avatar in Second life.

The birth of a Newb

I was Rezed (born) 8/29/2010 after being introduced to the 'Grid' by my partner.
I was a newb, and looked like one too:


I love seeing beautiful artwork, and that can mean anything from a nicely painted picture, a cool computer model, to a well taken photo. I also enjoy good composition, so beautiful clothes that are well coordinated into nice outfit count as art to me.

Second Life (SL) is full of tasteless morons who manage to build monstrosities so ugly you couldn't make them worse if you hit them with a tornado, but it also has many talented and creative people who can produce stunningly beautiful objects from intricate jewellery, to wild and wonderful clothing, to realistically detailed environments. SL has shops, museums, parks, beach resorts, housing and even night clubs where DJ's can play a set to an international crowd via the magic of the internet.

SL is free to play, but it has its own currency: The Linden Dollar (L$) and unlike other game currencies, it has actual value (About L$400/£1). While you can find a lot of stuff for your avatar for free, most of the best stuff costs L$. As time passed and I spent more time in SL I realised that even 'expensive' items were still cheap compared to my hourly rate. So I registered payment details, bought myself some L$ and set about contributing to SL in my own way by making sure I always tried to  look good ;)


New Stacy

As part of this, I asked my friend Natalia to 'revamp' my look, and she set about getting me a good skin, hair, and body shape. She did a great job, and pretty much all my 'outfits' since have been based on the 'person' she created that day. Some of the pictures I'll be uploading to this blog will be from the 'old days' before I learned to get the most out of SL, and it'll probably be obvious which era is picture is from even without a caption.


I intend this Blog to be a catalogue of the nice looking and/or cool locations I find in the game world, and my favourite outfits I assemble.

SL has been around for a few years now. I've only been in it a year and the quality of content is improving all the time. The creators, Linden Labs are currently pushing for the addition of 'Mesh' to the grid (They can add the functionality but content creators need to adopt it for it to take off). Some don't like it because it means older computers will find it harder to cope, but I think it has the potential to set a new standard in the quality of this virtual world.

Fingers crossed.

Stacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment